So I've had Urban Decay's 'Flipside' eyeshadow in my makeup bag for months and months now, and even though it's a stunning colour, I just haven't found a way to use it in a way that suits me and my eye colour.
Green shades are undoubtedly more suited to brown eye's and up until today, no matter how often I attempted to use this colour in the past it always seemed 'off' on me. It took a lot of messing around and a lot of different styles to finally realise that this shade looks best on me in the most simplest of forms.
Rather than trying to make this shadow work as an all over lid colour, I decided to stick to basic matte neutral shades all over the lid and use Flipside along the bottom lash line for a pop of colour instead, and I was pleasantly surprised at how pretty it turned out.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- MAC 'Brule' and Urban Decay 'Foxy' eyeshadows all over the lid
- Urban Decay 'Buck' eyeshadow in crease
- Bodyography Expressions powder in 'Truffle' to deepen crease
- Urban Decay 'Blackout' eyeshadow to define crease
- Urban Decay 'Foxy' eyeshadow blended into browbone
- Urban Decay 'Verve' eyeshadow to slightly highlight inner corner
- Urban Decay 'Flipside' eyeshadow along lower lash line
- MAC Fluidline in 'Blacktrack' to line eyes
- MAC Zoom Lash mascara
- Eylure Katy Perry false lashes in 'Sweetie Pie'
- Urban Decay Brow Box in 'Ginger Snap'
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in 'NC20'