My favourite place to find inspiration or colour combinations is - without a doubt - Instragram. I can guarantee that whenever I'm feeling super uninspired I will always find something beautiful on there that soon sets me back on my way to playing around with my makeup and trying out different looks.
There are thousands of amazingly talented makeup artists to be found on there, and sometimes I just can't help but recreate some of the gorgeous looks that I come across.
Below is a recreation of a look that I saw posted by the very beautiful and talented isastarmakeup. If you haven't already, I definitely recommend checking out the wonderful MUA's of Instagram.
I loved this basic colour combination, and although using colours that are in the same shade range as your eye colour does little to make the most of them, the use of a pink toned purple rather than two blue toned shades more than compensated and helped to make my eye colour appear that little bit more vibrant.
- Vital Radiance Smoothing Eye Primer
- Light and dark purple shadows from BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette (2nd Edition) on the lid
- Urban Decay 'Yeyo' matte eyeshadow around tear duct
- Urban Decay 'Blackout' eyeshadow blended up into the crease and outer lower lash line
- Urban Decay 'Yeyo' eyeshadow blended onto the browbone to highlight and soften 'Blackout'
- Urban Decay 'Sidecar' eyeshadow on inner third of lower lashline
- MAC 'Blacktrack' Fluidline to line eyes and upper and lower waterlines
- MAC False Lashes mascara
- Urban Decay Brow Box in 'Ginger Snap'
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in 'NC20'