Only a few more days to go until it's Valentine's Day, and after seeing so many gorgeous Valentine's-ready looks being posted around on Instagram in the run-up, I couldn't resist posting one myself.
When I think of Valentine's makeup the first kind of thing that usually comes into my head is 'date' appropriate makeup - soft, subtle, wearable and flirty - buuuut seeing as I'll be alone this year (not a bad thing!) and won't be doing anything special with my makeup anyway, I decided to amp it up a bit by making it a little more interesting by doing the complete opposite by using bright colours, thick liner and - of course - glitter. Much more fun, right?
I received a couple of pairs of the suitably named 'Heart Stopper' false lashes from the lovely ladies at Girls With Attitude this week and what better time to put them to good use? Very fitting for such an eye-catching look, don't you think?
If you have plans this Valentine's, have an awesome time! And if not - Pffft. Who needs love, anyways? ;)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in 'Eden'
- Mixture of Urban Decay 'Dust' and 'Buzz' eyeshadows all over the lid (from the 'Naked 3' palette)
- Matte hot pink eyeshadow from the Crown Brush 'Smoke It Out' 36 Color Smokey Eye Shadow Palette blended into crease and along lower lash line
- Matte medium purple eyeshadow from the Crown Brush 'Smoke It Out' 36 Color Smokey Eye Shadow Palette to deepen crease
- Matte black eyeshadow from the Crown Brush 'Smoke It Out' 36 Color Smokey Eye Shadow Palette to further deepen crease
- Pale off-white pink eyeshadow from the Crown Brush 'Smoke It Out' 36 Color Smokey Eye Shadow Palette to highlight brow bone
- Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in 'Dancing Queen' along lower lash line
- MAC 'Blacktrack' Fluidline to line upper and lower waterlines
- Eyeko Eye Do Skinny Liquid Eyeliner by Alexa Chung to line eyes
- Eyeko Fat Brush Mascara
- Girls With Attitude 'Heart Stopper' false lashes (from the 'Glamour' collection'
- Urban Decay Brow Box in 'Gingersnap'
- Eyeko Brow Gel