There's only 3 days to go until Halloween, and yesterday I did my own take on one of my favourite makeup looks that can be seen a lot around this time of year within the makeup community - the creepy ventriloquist's dummy... And perfect timing for the new Annabelle movie!
The makeup is actually pretty straightforward and didn't take me much time at all, which is great for anybody that needs a last-minute costume idea. No SFX needed and only uses basic products that pretty much any makeup lover will have lying around. Throw on a cute dress and pigtails or bunches and there you have it - one quick yet effective creepily cute dummy costume.
Below I will do a breakdown of each section of the face to try and make it simpler, even though products will be repeated. If there's any other questions you'd like to know about this look or the products I used then feel free to drop a comment below!
- Revlon Colourstay Liquid Foundation (for Normal/Dry skin) in '150 Buff'
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in 'Light'
- Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Copper Brown' Contour Kit powder to contour cheeks and nose
- Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Carob' Contour Kit powder to further contour cheeks
- Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Banana' Contour Kit powder on the apple of the cheeks and centre of nose
- Urban Decay 'Blackout' eyeshadow (from the 'Naked 2' palette) to define cheeks
- Motives by Loren Ridinger 'Angel' Khol Eye Pencil to all over lid and around lower waterline/lashline as a base
- Urban Decay 'Yeyo' matte white eyeshadow all over lid and lower lashline on top of 'Angel' pencil
- Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Copper Brown' Contour Kit Powder blended into crease, around and beneath eyes to create a 'hollowed out' rounded effect
- Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Carob' Contour Kit Powder to define the crease
- Urban Decay 'Blackout' eyeshadow (from the 'Naked 2' palette) to deepen crease, to create a 'new' lower lash line below the eye and to create a soft eyelash effect
- Eyeko Visual Eyes Liquid Eyeliner in 'Ebony' to line eyes
- Eyeko Black Magic Mascara on top lashes only
- Lila'lli #11-23 false lashes
- Urban Decay 'Blackout' eyeshadow (from the 'Naked 2' palette) to create a dummy mouth shape
- Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Copper Brown' Contour Kit powder to shade inside edges of dummy mouth
- Lime Crime 'Red Velvet' Velvetine on lips
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in 'Auburn'