Another Halloween idea today, inspired by pastelpegasus over on Instagram. This stitched mouth makeup is fairly easy and doesn't use too many products, although is a little bit fiddly when attaching the stitches. Absolutely not suitable for long-wear, parties or if you are keen on breathing through your mouth... :P But looks great for photography purposes!
After applying a ghostly liquid lipstick, I then applied little dabs of special effects wax around my lips, covering them with a medium brown eyeshadow and followed by a yellow to create a bruised effect. I also used a tiny amount of a red eyeshadow lightly dabbed in the center of the scar wax. I then used a latex-free brush-on eyelash glue to secure the cotton stitching after measuring it up for each 'hole', and then went over this with a gel blood applied with a small eyeliner brush. The glue and the scar wax help give the appearance of a 3D stitched effect. Lastly, I then went back in with my yellow eyeshadow and lightly stippled it over each hole to replace any colour that had been lost while applying the glue. And that's it! Creepy!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in 'Sepia'
- Snazaroo Special FX Wax
- BH Cosmetics medium matte brown eyeshadow from the 120 Color Palette (2nd Edition)
- BH Cosmetics medium matte yellow eyeshadow from the 120 Color Palette (2nd Edition)
- BH Cosmetics deep red eyeshadow from the 120 Color Palette (2nd Edition)
- Girls With Attitude Hypoallergenic Brush-on Lash Adhesive (to secure cotton stitches)
- Snazaroo Special FX Gel Blood