I'm almost a week late but Happy New Year everybody! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and here is my first look of the year!
I usually try and steer away from using blues - especially mattes - as I always find they come out rather muddy looking when I blend them. So I decided to use just that today to see how it would turn out.
It didn't turn out too bad, I still found it a lot more difficult to blend than any other colour, but I persevered and stuck with it. I've used this shadow from Concrete Minerals before but almost always in a way that didn't need to blended out. CM loose shadows are wonderful so I thought this one would be my best bet at getting a smoother application.
I didn't want to do anything over complicated as I anticipated it coming out a big ol' mess, so I just teamed it up with a chunky black glitter and kept it simple.
Let me know what you think. Are there any colours that you struggle to work with or are likely to avoid?
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Concrete Minerals Pro Matte Eyeshadow in 'Bulletproof' blended into crease and lower lash line
- Concrete Minerals Pro Matte Eyeshadow in 'Jet' all over lid and lower lash line
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Creme Color in 'Jet' to line upper and lower waterlines
- Violet Voss 'Violet's Secret Weapon' glitter adhesive
- Violet Voss 'Midnight Fireworks' glitter
- Eyeko Rock Out & Lash Out mascara
- Lovable Lashes 'Flirty Fiona' 100% mink hair false lashes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in 'Auburn'
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in 'Caramel'